The Department of Production and Livelihood is headed by a secretary, who looks after production and livelihood related matters in FATA.
Business of the Department:
The Production and Livelihood Department is responsible for the following matters:
1. All matters related to ‘Agriculture, Forests, Fisheries, Livestock, Minerals, Seri-culture and Industries’.
2. FATA Investment Facilitation Authority.
3. Production, banking and economic activity.
4. FATA Chamber of Commerce and matters related thereto.
5. Small and medium level business enterprises.
6. Laws and regulations related to investment promotion.
7. Issuance of permits for the transportation of timber from FATA to settled areas.