Administration Infrastructure & Coordination Department
It is headed by a Secretary AI&C, who manages the matters relating to coordination, administration and establishment of FATA Secretariat.
Business of the Department
AI&C is responsible for the following matters relating to coordination, administration and establishment:
- All matters which require coordination amongst the various departments/subordinate offices of the FATA Secretariat.
- Governor’s visits.
- Follow up and implementation of the Governor’s directives.
- Correspondence with the SAFRON Division and other Federal Government offices/autonomous organizations.
- Correspondence with the Provincial Government on policy matters.
- Liaison between the secretariat and its attached directorates.
- Rules for disposal of business in the FATA Secretariat and in its line departments – creation of new departments/sections/units, change in allocation of business, constitution of a department.
- Preparation of reports for the Governor, the Federal and Provincial Government.
- Business relating to the Senate and National Assembly – questions of Senators/MNA's, meetings of Standing Committees on SAFRON.
- Recommendations for awards to the employees.
- Nomination of FATA candidates in educational institutions in the settled areas against seats reserved for them.
- Advice on legal questions, in consultation with the Provincial Law Department or the Secretariat’s legal advisor – including court cases other than service matters.
- Matters relating to the FATA Development Authority.
- Matters relating to the FATA Rural Support Program.
Liaison and coordination with Media.
- Central pool of cars/vehicles and rules for their usage.
- Utilities and other common services.
- Management/maintenance of moveable and immoveable property of the FATA Secretariat headquarters.
- Official celebrations.
- Stationery, printing and other office equipment.
- Library of the FATA Secretariat.
- Insurance of government property.
- Staff welfare.
- Computerization of offices.
- Residential colony and rest house at the headquarters.
- Health facilities for the employees.
- Provision of office and residential accommodation.
- Registration of deeds and documents.
- Newspapers and periodicals for the headquarters.
- Security of the headquarters.
- Arrangements in connection with official meetings and visits of officers for the purpose.
- Purchase of durable assets for the FATA Secretariat headquarters.
- Sale of surplus or unserviceable durable assets of the FATA Secretariat headquarters.
Matters relating to non-ministerial (former class IV) employees.
- All service matters, including court cases of the FATA Secretariat staff.
- Training to the employees – local and foreign.
- Maintenance of PERs.
- Group Insurance/GP Fund/CP Fund.
- Creation of posts in the department/line directorates directly controlled by the AI&C Department.
- Conduct anti-corruption cases.
- Maintenance of service records.