Demography

Population
According to the 1998 census, the total population of Kurram is around 448,310. The annual average growth rate is estimated at 2.5%. Thus, according to recent estimates, the population has crossed 6 million.
Around 6% of the population lives in urban centres of Sadda and Parachinar, while the remaining 94% in rural areas. The gender ratio is 105 males to 100 females. (Source: Bureau of Statistics- FATA Cell, 2008-09).

Tribes
There are two main tribes in Kurram Agency; Turi and Bangash.